This month we’d like to share some ideas that we pinky-promise will help you have the best possible getaway with family or friends – from the best destinations to some activities that will leave you breathless (in a good way).
Turn your life into a travel blog…
Isn’t life great?! Well, maybe not all of it but life’s what you make it and holidays are always amazing. Why not go on holiday to make and capture #MagicalMoments with loved ones? Travel is an investment, after all – it gives your mind and body a much-needed break and the memories you make stay with you for a lifetime. You can look at photos over and over, thrilled that you went somewhere special with your loved ones and had such a great time – that happiness is PRICELESS!
We know that holidays are all about family and the amazing women out there are the centre of every family! Guys – make your wife, mom or sister ultra-happy with some La Vita Spa magic 😊 these holidays! They’ll be feeling great again – back to their best and ready to join in on all the holiday fun – for the rest of your stay at one of our perfectly located properties.
Great getaways also require lots to see and do. Take a look at these resorts which are ideal for a relaxing time and they are perfect for fun too. So, whether you’re happy kicking back on a verandah with a good book or maybe you are a thrill seeker who likes to have busy, more energetic days, here goes…
Gethlane Lodge – Mpumalanga
Only 4 hours’ drive from Pretoria – if you live in Gauteng and haven’t stayed at Gethlane Lodge you’ve been missing out! Not 1 but 5 sparkling swimming pools set the scene, in amazing bushveld surroundings, for a very relaxing time! With lots on the go including unmissable game walks alongside our furry friends (even getting within arm’s reach of these fun critters!), rejuvenating spa treatments, and a boma that is perfect for spending an evening with loved ones – a magical getaway’s in store!
Magical Experiences Nearby:
- Visit Blyde River Canyon to enjoy a coffee or sandwich with one of the world’s best views
- Pilgrim’s Rest and God’s Window both make for great day-trips
- See a Leopard from up close at Kudu Private Nature Reserve
- Try out quaint coffee shops in Lydenburg for a memorable time
Cape Town – Western Cape
By far the most popular tourist destination in Africa, Cape Town is amazing all year round. There’s so much to do indoors that the weather doesn’t really matter… Crazy meal deals, specials on entertainment, cheaper flights and more availability at the best attractions (than in December) will do a lot to make you smile. On that subject… spacious, comfortable accommodation in the best locations will WOW you – have a look at these top spots which couldn’t be better placed for you to enjoy Cape Town’s hottest attractions during your holiday.
What to see & do in the Mother City:
- Try out MOJO Market in Sea Point for the tastiest light-meals and craft drinks in town (just 300m from Riviera Suites)
- Watch a live show by some of South Africa’s best performers at the Labia Theatre (700m from Mount Sierra)
- Shop for stunning clothes by SA’s best designers (just a short walk from Hastings Hall)
Bushman’s Nek – Southern Drakensberg
In a perfect location for exploring the picture-perfect foothills of the Southern Drakensberg, Bushman’s Nek offers a resort experience like no other. You can unwind while trout fishing, horse riding or sitting on a verandah taking in the stunning views. Time spent around the rock-hewn pool is also a must! For a great family holiday, we recommend staying in the rustic self-catering log-cabins or large apartments and trying out the tasty dishes at Bushpot restaurant onsite. There’s also a daily entertainment programme to enjoy and the Fred First Kids Club which will keep the little ones busy all day long.
Must-do Southern Drakensberg Activities:
- Get your adrenaline going with a game of paintball at Bushman’s Nek
- Drive up Sani Pass on an unforgettable day trip
- Explore the beautiful Berg landscape on a peaceful horseback ride
- Relax in the splendid surroundings of Xumeni forest
- Hike along contours for the best views of our picturesque valley and stop for a dip in the river on your way back to the resort
- Tube down the Southern Berg’s beautiful rivers
Selborne Golf Estate, Hotel & Spa – KZN South Coast
Now more family friendly than ever thanks to the addition of the FUN-tastic Fred First Club with its unmissable activities for kiddies, Selborne really is worth a try if you haven’t stayed there before. There’s luxury accommodation, a spa where all your troubles will float away, delicious dining, superb golfing and a beach nearby to keep adults more than happy 😉… and with so many kids facilities, they’ll definitely have a great time too. What’s more – Selborne has one of the best entertainment programmes around, from live music to wine pairings, curry nights and Sunday roasts – something exciting will definitely be on the cards during your stay!
Unmissable South Coast Attractions:
- Take kiddies to Crocworld for a day they’ll never forget
- Scuba dive to experience an underwater paradise
- Ride horses along the South Coast’s beautiful beaches
We hope these properties which specialise in family-fantastic activities that the little ones will love during a holiday will leave you feeling refreshed and with lasting memories too! Browse through the rest of our properties for other great getaway options.
Sharing is caring😉. Let us and our first-class members and guests know about your holiday by posting photos and tagging us using the hashtags #MagicalMemories, #FirstGroup and #FamilyTastic.