Whether you live by the seaside, occupy an inner-city abode, enjoy country life or live in the suburbs – an escape to the African bushveld is always a good idea and a wonderful change of scenery any time of the year. Summer, winter, autumn or spring, the bushveld offers a wealth of sights and sounds to enchant the young and elderly – holiday at some of our year-round favourite properties…
Gethlane Lodge offers the quintessential bushveld escape, without being miles and miles away in a remote, inaccessible area. Nestled amongst hectares of indigenous forest packed with fauna, flora and bird life, this property is welcoming and unpretentious and will guarantee both young and older guests a truly relaxing holiday. On site you will be spoilt for choice with 5 outdoor swimming pools, a Jacuzzi and sauna, La Vita wellness spa, adventure golf course, outdoor chess, nature walking trails, bird watching, tennis courts and an extensive entertainment programme.
- Take a morning or afternoon game drive at Kruger National Park
- Marvel at the natural wonder of Bourke’s Luck Potholes
- Drive the Panorama Route and see the world famous Blyde River Canyon
Waterberry Hill is found in the heart of Mpumalanga and close to all of this stunning region’s most popular attractions. The colonial-style chalets of the property are surrounded by lush, indigenous forest and tall trees, offering shelter to a variety of fauna and flora which can be spotted from your private patio while enjoying your morning coffee or evening meal. On site you can enjoy the large, sparkling swimming pool, a game of tennis, adventure golf, the La Vita wellness spa or social braais in the outdoor boma area while entrusting your kiddie’s to the Fred First kids club for some proper relaxation time.
Discover the area:
- Spend the day exploring the town of Hazyview and its many unique shops, craft stalls and restaurants
- Take a Big 5 game drive at the Kruger National Park
- Set your sights on the many spectacular waterfalls in the region, including Mac Mac and Berlin Falls.
- Take an elephant-back safari in Hazyview
This is one of our most picturesque, sprawling and dynamic properties, packed with activities and amenities to keep all ages busy throughout the day and the evening. A peaceful retreat nestled alongside the tranquil Magalies River; Magalies Park is situated on 120 hectares of scenic rich parklands. This prime destination is set at the foot of the Magaliesberg Mountains and features a children’s water theme park, 3 outdoor swimming pools, a mountain biking and running track, an 18-hole golf course, river boat cruises, the La Vita wellness spa, tennis and squash courts, Fred First kid’s entertainment club and a whole lot more!
What to do in the Magaliesberg:
- Take the Hartbeespoort cable car for breath taking views over the Magaliesberg
- Enjoy a hot air balloon ride over the Lowveld
- Go on a game drive at the Pilanesberg Nature Reserve
- Spend the day boating, fishing, water-skiing on the Hartbeespoort Dam.