At Magalies Park we have adopted a renewed focus on ensuring that holiday experience is all the more relaxing and rejuvenating by giving Magalies Park a serious facelift. Our new ‘back to basics’ approach has seen the chalets, the golf course and entertainment areas all undergo a revamp, and for a bit of luxury we have added a fabulous Cellu-Beauty Wellness Spa to our offerings!
Here are some renovation highlights we would like to share with you:
Our entertainment and recreational upgrades include the following:
- Tennis court upgrades
- Teen Zone refurbishment and new Kid’s Area
- Fred First Club and Fred First Mini Town
- New synthetic bowling green
- Driving range and chipping area for golfing novices
- Purchased 30 new bicycles – small, medium and large
- New sound system installation at the main pool area
- Open-air table tennis close to main pool area
- Updated entertainment guide
- Replacement of our older river boats with newer, lighter craft
- Upgraded fishing spots and newly installed lighting for the benefit of our keen anglers
By the end of the year we aim to install a new waterpark and introduce new canoes and paddle boats.
- New linen in fresh, crisp colours
- Plans to upgrade the décor to a more contemporary style.
- The thatch roofing has been replaced with Harvey tiling
- A new boma at the waterfront for open-air functions has been constructed
- The Halfway House has been enlarged to accommodate more golfers
- Construction of a new chapel and Old Cape Vulture are in the pipeline
Golf Course Upgrades
- We are revamping the golf course based on a risk and reward concept
- Sand and waste bunkers have been introduced
- 7 new holes have been completed
- A further 5 holes will be added by December 2015
- Hole 14 has now become the signature hole on the course
- Magalies Park is proud to now boast a membership of 1,581!
Cellu-Beauty Wellness Spa
Our brand new Cellu-Beauty Wellness Spa offers a variety of beauty treatments as well as various facilities for a day of indulgence, including a steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi. A large dam has also been constructed with the aim of attracting some of the beautiful birdlife within the area, adding to the tranquil atmosphere of the Spa.
Our gardens are looking fantastic with the addition of more indigenous plants from our nursery and an expanded irrigation system. We have introduced 3 beautiful female impala to keep our lone male company, along with 4 graceful Nyala and 14 young bushbuck. We have installed 12 bee hives away from the public areas, in an attempt to lure our bar-fly bees away from the public areas and have relocated a number of excess fish from the dams. Wi-Fi has been installed throughout the resort, for your convenience.
We invite you to ‘like’ our Facebook page in order to keep up to date with all the latest news from Magalies Park.